TEAC Corporation (TOKYO:6803)(head office: Tama, Tokyo, President & CEO: Yuji Hanabusa) launches a new CD Player, VRDS-701 and a CD Transport, VRDS-701T in the Reference 700 series as the TEAC 70th Anniversary models.
The VRDS-701 CD player employs a newly-developed VRDS mechanism and a TEAC original discrete DAC. The VRDS is a TEAC-original CD drive mechanism that reduces rotation vibration and other unwanted vibration by clamping the CD to an aluminum turntable with the same diameter in order to maximize inertial mass.
Furthermore, instead of an ordinary DAC IC for the DAC section, which is crucial to audio quality, the VRDS-701 has a TEAC ΔΣ (delta-sigma) discrete DAC that incorporates our unique algorithms in a discrete circuit.
Unconstrained by conventional CD player definitions, the VRDS-701 is enhanced with future-forward functionality. The ability to play MQA CDs using full MQA decoding capabilities and support for 22.5MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM formats as a USB DAC are some of the features that make it more than just a CD player.
The VRDS-701T CD transport utilizes our newly-developed VRDS mechanism. The VRDS is a TEAC-original CD drive mechanism that reduces rotation vibration and other unwanted vibration by clamping the CD to an aluminum turntable with the same diameter in order to maximize inertial mass.
Used in combination with a UD-701N, which is part of the same series, playback is possible using the discrete DAC in the UD-701N as well as with MQA full decoding. Of course, you can also use it together with a DAC of your choosing, and build a system as you like. The inclusion of a 10MHz clock input enables flexible integration with systems that are synchronized using an external clock.
VRDS-701 and VRDS-701T common features
- A newly developed VRDS mechanism is used for the CD drive
- 10MHz external clock input
VRDS-701 exclusive features
- An original TEAC-designed discrete DAC is used for the digital audio converter, which is key to determining audio quality
- Fully-balanced dual mono circuit structure realizes outstanding channel separation
- Direct connection with a power amplifier is possible thanks to volume control that uses a TEAC-QVCS analog preamp circuit
- As a USB DAC, 22.5MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM data can be played back
- Along with MQA CD playback, full MQA decoding of digital input is possible
VRDS-701T exclusive features
- MQA core decoding function
- Optimized internal circuit design for digital output
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.